wan-na find something?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

more domestic diva-ness

okay, this ebates thing is pretty cool. i got an email this morning that said i'd already built up my rebates to $25, based on my cyber monday shopping spree! who knew shopping online at target, gap, and sephora would actually pay off? at least, that's how i plan to spin it for the hub, after the magical holiday shopping is over. heh.

and last night's dinner was another smashing success. i brined the pork chops in the buttermilk/herb concoction in my recipe all day long (you're supposed to do it overnight, but i fell asleep the night before without getting it done), and between cooking those, some quickie noodle side dish, and steaming some broccoli, i had dinner on the table in 20 minutes. effing sweet. again, i couldn't take my own picture, but trust me...i'm scoring major points these days. ;)

my friend A and i were trading e-mails in the late afternoon, while i continued my online shopping and she killed time waiting for her hub to pick her up for the laker game. i managed to find some things i want to use as gifts for the hub's team/staff members, while A sent me several links to fun stuff she was eyeing for her list for santa. and it got me thinking about my own santa list - i can't think of much aside from some tall chocolate brown uggs (shut up, i heart uggs), tickets to see "wicked", a red le creuset dutch oven, a hot chocolate pot from williams-sonoma, and this:

a nikon d40 camera. i get so annoyed when i manage to snap off great shots and they're blurry, or not as fabulous as i'd like for them to be. and this camera has great reviews! i doubt it'll happen, though. i can hear "we already HAVE two digital cameras" in my head as i type this.

good lord, what a boring ass santa list. hot damn, i HAVE turned into a housewife.

12 comments:

  1. why, you're becoming a regular martha stewart ;)

    and get outta my head woman -- i just added pink ugg slippers to match my short pink uggs from a few years ago. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will not regret purchasing that camera. I have 3 digital cameras and it was worth every single penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new camera may be on our Christmas list, too, this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a Santa to send a list to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fuggs! honestly, the chocolate brown ones look less bad for some reason.

    i should post a list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my uggs too :) I just got the new brown crochet uggs, and I get nothing but compliments~ ha!
    I have a new camera on my two lists...one for "Hanukkah Harry" and "Santa" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you inspired me to do my list, but santa told me no :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, just not an uggs fan . . . but can I still come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just put down your gmail addy as my referral on ebates...hope you get something out of it :)

    And I have imitation uggs in black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um...you've turned into a housewife?

    Fugg
    Fugg
    Fugg

    Sorry. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my digital SLR camera! The pics are so much better than the ones from my little point and shoot. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hot damn... i know what you mean. 1- i need another camera but 2- they are not coming down on the price of that Sony thingy (can you say more than 5 but less than 8?)

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments. i wan-na hear what you have to say.
um, i think.

heading out to the big apple

like most of our best vacations, our christmastime trip to NYC was kind of a last-minute decision.  i don't even think there were six we...